mth540 | Graduate
topic title goes here
Introduction to Inferential Statistics and Test of Hypothesis
- Calculate a test statistic in a one-tailed and two-tailed z-test.
- Determine statistically whether to accept or reject the null hypothesis.
- Interpret the results of a hypothesis test.
- State the five steps in the decision rule.
- Formulate null and alternative hypotheses.
Introduction to Statistics
- Identify the various symbols and nomenclature used in statistics.
- Describe the importance of statistics.
- Explain the value of statistics as it relates to you.
- Calculate the mean, median, and mode for grouped and ungrouped data.
- Develop a frequency distribution based on raw data.
- Perform a chi-square test using equal and unequal expected frequencies.
- Determine normality using a Goodness-of-Fit Test.
Regression and Correlation
- Calculate coefficient of correlation and coefficient of determination.
- Develop a single linear regression equation.
- Predict the value of y for a given value of x using a single linear regression equation.
- Calculate standard error of estimate, confidence intervals, and prediction intervals.
- Interpret standard error of estimate, confidence intervals, and prediction intervals.
Distribution and Variation
- Determine whether or not data is normally distributed.
- Utilize graphical representation to display data.
- Differentiate among the various levels of measurement.
- Calculate range, variance, and standard deviation for grouped and ungrouped data.
- Interpret the significance of standard deviation using the Empirical Rule.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative日本不卡高清免v,在线不卡日本v二区,韩国日本免费不卡在线 today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
日本不卡高清免v,在线不卡日本v二区,韩国日本免费不卡在线While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.